Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Little Floral Decor...

What happens when you need a fresh piece of decor for your house?  And you can't seem to find what you need or like in a store.  Why...just use your paper crafting supplies to make your own!  What is more fun than THAT?!  Then it can be just what you need and want!  That's what I did the other day.  And I am going to share.  :)  I have this shelf thing in the corner by my front door.  I needed something for one of the shelves.  They aren't big shelves so I like to keep it simple and clean.  Here is what I decided on...


I made a large flower and glued it on a frame that I had framed a piece of Designer Series Paper.  The flower was easy to do.  It is a bunch of circles that I punched, cut a slit half way up, glued into a cone shape, and then glued them all together.  I made a center for the flower with the NEW FABULOUS Fringe Scissors!  They are SO much fun to use! 

Here is a close-up...


The colors are Pool Party, Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive.  So fun and fresh!  It's a 5"x7" frame...so you can kinda tell the size.  It's quite a large flower.  Makes quite a pop by the front door.  And I love it!

Here is a pic of it on it's shelf...


Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope you enjoy this project!  Let me know if you have any questions!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I usually don't quite dare go for the decor with SU....but this one has definately given me a brain shift!! I absolutely LOVE it. Your talent never ceases to astound me!!

Design With Ink said...

Why...thanks Pam! You just made my day! I am so glad you like this! It makes me happy every time I see it. :) I appreciate you!!

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...