Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hello There...

I had the MOST AMAZING day this past Saturday!  I was able to attend a meeting some of my fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator friends put together.  They did an INCREDIBLE job and we had a blast!  I will share more of the event in another post, but today I wanted to share with you the swap card I made for the event.  (What is a swap card?!  Swapping is where everyone participating makes multiples of one card.  Then when you get together, you all swap your cards!  This is a great way to get a ton of different ideas!)

Here is the card...

I have to admit...kinda loving all the pieces to this card.  It's just a simple, layered look.  But with Washi Tape, Glimmer paper, rhinestones, some stamping, and a little Crystal Effects...how on earth could you go wrong?!  This would be a great layout to use over and over again!  Here are a few different shots of the card...



Now when I said "Crystal Effect" in the list above, you may have been wondering where that was.  (And maybe you were wondering WHAT that is?!  Crystal Effects is one of my FAVE go-to items!  It can be used as an adhesive but I love to use it to add a 3D epoxy look to items.)  Look at that heart.  It's just punched from some Designer Series Paper.  Then I added a thick layer of Crystal Effect to the whole heart to give it a shiny, glossy, epoxy-like look.  LOVE!

I hope you like this card!  This card actually won me a spot in the swap contest they did!  2nd place!  Whoo hoooo!  Stay tuned for another post about this amazing event!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...