Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's A Special Day...

This weekend was very special for our family.  My eight year old daughter was baptized.  (That is the age the can start to be baptized in our religion.)  My daughter made the choice to be baptized and we were so proud of her.  After the baptism we had a luncheon (and pool party) at our house.  Here are a few pics of the decor.

We had a display table right by the front door...

My favorite thing to do for parties these days is punch out a bunch of 2 1/2" circles and just sew them together.  Then you can use it as garland or just hang in strips or whatever you need.  It's just a quick, inexpensive, and easy way to bring in your party colors.  And Stampin' Up! cardstock is great quality for this! LOVE it!  

Here are a few close-up's...


See how much fun the circles are!  


I added some flowers I made with some cardstock to the picture frames...just to bring in more color and make things pop a bit.  

I made a banner with my daughter's name as well...



Then here is the food table (didn't get a pic with all the food but you get the idea)...


Then just a few close-up's...



I also had a candy buffet.  There is a baptism song that talks about rainbows so I did a "rainbow" candy buffet...



Hope you enjoy!  I love a good party and I love how easy Stampin' Up! makes it for me to add personal touches.  Let me know if you have any questions!  designwithink@gmail.com

Thanks for visiting! 

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...