Friday, July 25, 2014

Back To Amazing Birthday...

Well here we go with more!  I still have lots of samples to show you that I made for the Convention Display Boards this year.  So here we are with another!  :)  Today I am sharing a project I made with the "Amazing Birthday" stamp set.  (Again...we had to do 5 cards, 2 3-D items, and 1 scrapbook page with 3 stamp sets.  So yes...LOTS more to share!)

On to the project...


So how fun is this?!  I took one of Stampin' Up's Mini Muslin Bags, removed the drawstring, and added the ribbon handle.  This makes it more of a pouch type packaging.  Love adding little touches to projects to make it my own. The color combo is Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, and Smoky Slate.  Loving this color combo!  

Here are some more pics to show some details...


Thoughts on the polka dots?!  Love the whimsy they add.  To make these I just used a sponge dauber, a really juicy Melon Mambo ink pad, and some Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  (Make sure you stick some cardboard in the bag when you do this or the dots will leak to the other side of the bag!) Then just ink up your dauber, daub the bag to make a polka dot, then emboss with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  


LOVE the new striped ribbon in the catalog!  Just made a simple rosette here. With a Melon Mambo button in the middle.  Can't beat a little Melon Mambo on any project!  And who noticed that "fluff" on top?!  So fun...right?!  To make this I actually just cut tissue paper with.....can you guess?!??!  The FRINGE SCISSORS!  And I actually colored my own tissue paper to get the exact color I wanted!  It was white at first.   Then I mixed up some rubbing alcohol and Daffodil Delight re-inker in a spritzer and just spritzed away until it was the color I wanted.  Too easy and fun!



I. LOVE. Banners.  There...I said it.  Do you?!  I just love them...so layered banners...yeah...makes my heart happy!  I used the Banner Framelits here to easily get all the different sizes.  


Hope you enjoy this project!  Let me know if you  have any questions!

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...