Thursday, January 22, 2015

More Fun With Blendabilities...Window Sheet Style!

I am in the process of showing you a few different techniques using the Blendabilities.  I shared the Ombre technique in my last post, HERE.  Today I am sharing a fun way to use them with Window Sheets.  Here is a project I made...


Fun, right?!  May be hard to see in the photograph...but it's a Fry Box made from the window sheet.  The flower on the front is the Blendabilities part.  HERE IS THE TRICK...the Blendabilities color great on the Window Sheets and don't smear when they are dry (like the Stampin' Write markers would).  HOWEVER...you have to use Staz-On ink for any stamping you are doing, or the ink will smear.  And Blendabilities will smear the Staz-On ink.  See the problem?!  Well....a window sheet is clear, right?!  SOOOOOO...I stamped on one side, flipped it over and colored on the other!  So the inks are mixing, yet you can still see everything and get that beautiful watercolor like look!  So fun!  I choose to use just one color in my Blendability pack.  The "blending" of all the different colors wasn't giving me the look I wanted.  But it could be done, depending on how you wanted it all to look.  It was certainly fun to do!  

Here are a few pics of the box empty...



SO FUN, right?! It looks quite beautiful in person!

And a side view of the finished project...

(***Note:  the fun twine that I tied my cello bag with is still available...it was carried over from the Holiday Mini!   yay!  Love this stuff!)

Hope you enjoy this project and this fun Blendability technique!  Give it a try!  Let me know if you have any other questions! designwithink@gmail.com.

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...