Monday, January 19, 2015

Sale-A-Bration...With Blendabilities!

Did you know it is Sale-A-Bration time?!  Where you can earn FREE Stampin' Up! products?!  Well...it is!  And it is awesome!  I posted a little about it HERE.  The reason I am bringing this up is because this year, you can earn select Blendability marker packs as part of your Sale-A-Bration reward!  This means FREE!!!  Whooooo!  And I just have to say....I LOVE Blendabilities!  They are SO MUCH FUN!  They are so much more than just a beautiful way to color!  I have a few different ideas to use these markers for, that I will be sharing throughout the next few days.  First up is a fun Ombre technique...

I made this tag and colored all three colors of the Melon Mambo Blendability pack.  (The paper I used here is another option for Sale-A-Bration.  You can earn a pack of this paper...with different designs....FREE!  It comes white, with these embossed designs on it.  Then you can color it in lots of different ways (using sponge, spritzer, etc.) to give it the look and color you want.  Here is what the designs look like that are on the paper...)
This is the paper with just the first color blended on...
So you can see...it's white paper with the clear design on it that shows up when you color the paper (but the glossy design resists the ink so you still see the design!) Anyway....I started with the darkest marker, then added the middle color (blending a little at the bottom of the darkest color), then finished with the lightest color.  Too much fun!  Here is my project I made with this piece...

And a side view...


Hope you enjoy!  Isn't this fun?!  It's a quick and easy technique to try...so give it a go!  Let me know how you like it!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...