Monday, February 23, 2015

Banners...More Than Just Party Decor!

If you follow my blog, it's no secret that I LOVE Banners.  I make quite a few of them, for lots of different occasions and holidays.  And I LOVE the Stampin' Up! banner kits.  There are actually 3 of them...a chalkboard one, a canvas one, and this Kraft pennant one.  I LOVE them all and have found MANY uses for all of them.  They make things SO easy!  Today I am sharing a Home Decor piece I made with a few of the pennants in the "Celebrations Basics Kit."  (SUPER BONUS:  This kit is a Weekly Deal this week!  Head to my website to order one (or more!!) www.ashleyvancamp.stampinup.net. This was actually the make and take I put together for the big Convention party my friend and I threw this summer.  I posted about it HERE.  Off with the chatting and on to the showing...


So, here is the project!  It's a fun one.  Let me explain just a bit...there are three pennants: a birthday, a Christmas, and an everyday pennant.  (Would loved to have make more...but we only had so much time to make a project at the party.  :-) )  All you do is just frame a piece of Designer Series Paper in a 8x10 frame and then hot glue a mini clothespin to the frame. Then you easily switch our your different occasion pennants depending on what you need a the time.  Genius, right?!  :)  Here is a pic of the frame...

And then the other pennants...



Here is another genius move (if I do say so myself)... Just adhered a cello bag to the back of the frame to hold the other pennants when not in use...


I LOVE this project!  And finally sharing this reminds me I want to make more pennants for other holidays and occasions!  So stay tuned for more!  :-)

Hope you enjoy!  Let me know if you have any other questions! designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...