Thursday, March 5, 2015

Watercolor Wash...So Easy! So Fabulous!

I LOVE doing this easy watercolor look.  It's a new technique I have tried lately, and can't stop doing it.  Have a few samples to show you over the next few days.  Today I'm going to show you a fun and easy way to do this technique.  There are lots of different ways to do this, but this is the method I have been using.

All you need is some watercolor paper, ink pads (and/or the re-inkers), aqua painter, and your stamps with embossing powder.

First just pick your colors.  For this project I am using Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, and Wild Wasabi.  I stamped my image (this one is from "World of Dreams" stamp set) in Basic Black ink.  Then I embossed with clear embossing powder.  To get some ink for your project, you can either smoosh the lid into the pad (while the pad is closed) to get some ink pooled on the lid or you can just drop a few drops of ink onto the lid from the re-inker.  (That's what I did here.)


Then just pick up some ink with your aqua painter (squeezing some water into the brush if it seems too dry) and swoosh onto the watercolor paper where desired.  I did Pool Party first below...


Then repeat for your next color (Coastal Cabana here)...


Then repeat for your final color (Wild Wasabi)...


Isn't it so fun!  Here is the finished card...


Just added a few more elements, but the image and watercolor takes the main stage here.  Give it a try!  It's so much fun!!!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you enjoy!  Let me know if you have any questions: designwithink@gmail.com.

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...