Sunday, April 26, 2015

Gorgeous Glitter...

I LOVE some bling on my projects.  A little shimmer makes my heart happy.  Today I'm going to show you a fun technique to add a little glimmer.  So want to make your own Glimmer Glue...in any color?!  Well let's go!  You only need a few supplies...


  • Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
  • Crystal Effects
  • Re-inker in whatever color Glimmer Glue you want (Bermuda Bay used here)
  • Empty Plastic Container (I use an empty accessory container...you could use any piece of plastic that you have.)
  • Stirring Stick
  • Small Paintbrush (not pictured)
Making this Glimmer Glue is so easy.  Add a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds and a couple drops of re-inker (start with 1-2 drops...you can always add more if it's not as dark as you want) to your plastic container.  Mix with your stirring stick.  Add some Crystal Effects and mix that.  It will look like this...



Then just paint on your images wherever you want it! (I couldn't find my paintbrush, so I just "painted" with my stirring stick. (You could also use a sponge dauber for a bigger space if you wanted.)


Then add to your project...


It adds such a fun look!  That little heart is actually a wooden element accessory.  It's so sparkly in real life!


Hope you enjoy!  This was such a fun technique to do! Let me know if you have any questions!  designwithink@gmail.com.  

1 comment:

Pam said...

I'm in total head-over-heels with this technique, Ashley! Can't wait to use it! Thanks again!

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...