Monday, May 11, 2015

Flowers Galore In Home Decor...

We have lived in our house almost 8 years.  After all that time...I am so antsy to change things in my house.  Paint colors, decor, etc.   (I am sure I am not the only one that gets this way after this amount of time, right?!)  As I am finalizing the plan of what I will be doing, I am starting to work on a few accessories and things.  Today I am sharing one such accessory I made the other day.  I am not a big "trinket-y" type person.  I don't like a lot of clutter around.  I do have a little shelf thing by my front door so I can decorate for holidays and such.  I needed something for this shelf for the "everyday" decor.  I can't always find what I am looking for in stores,  I have a ton of crafting supplies, so why not make my own?!  So here is what I made...


The colors are Coastal Cabana (I LOVE LOVE LOVE this color and hope Stampin' Up! brings it back some day.  I have stocked up on cardstock and such for the meantime.  ;-) ), Strawberry Slush (same story as Coastal Cabana), and Daffodil Delight.  I like bright and cheery colors, and love fun pops of color in my decor.

Here is a bit of a close-up of this piece...


I just punched out a lot of different flowers with my punches and pinned them on styrofoam balls.  These are about 2 1/2" diameter.  Easy and quick way to get some fun decor for your house!

Here is the pic on it's shelf...


And the whole shelf...


I will be spray painting this shelf a bright color.  So maybe I will share some updates when it's all finished.

Hope you enjoyed this post!  Thanks for visiting! If you have any questions...let me know! designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...