Thursday, September 24, 2015

Stamping Supplies For Cake Decorating? Why Yes! Please!

It is my Dad's birthday today!  YAY!  I love this man...he is one incredible person!  He deserves something special on his big day, so I had my friend that bakes delicious cakes make him one.  But I told her to leave the top plain because I wanted to add my touch.  :-)  So here you go...how to turn some stamping supplies into a fun cake top!

My Dad LOVES the wilderness...camping, hiking, hunting, etc.  So I went with that theme for the cake...


So. Much. Fun!  (At least I think so.)  I should also warn you...the stamp set I used is retired.  And has been for a long time.  :-)  But I won't get rid of it cause I LOVE these images!  It is called "Pines," in case you were wondering.

The top bunting part is using a variety of papers:  The black stripe is from the Neutrals Paper Stack, the Bermuda Bay is from the Bohemian pack, then there is some Vellum from the Winter Wonderland Vellum pack from the Holiday catalog adhered to Basic Black cardstock, and then the Soft Suede cardstock is just embossed with the Woodgrain folder. I LOVE how it turned out!


Then I just stamped the images from the "Pines" stamp set (again...sorry this isn't available!  But you can do this same thing with any images that fit your theme), cut them out, and adhered them to toothpicks or wooden skewers (depending on if you need them to stick up out of the cake or not).  Then just stick it all into the cake where desired...



The "happy birthday" greeting is actually from the "Tin of Cards" stamp set.  This set is designed to go with the Tin of Cards project kit.  LOVE this kit, but LOVE the stamp set just as much!  It's great to use on any projects!  Then I layered the "happy birthday" greeting onto a Starburst (cut from a set of framelits that is retired, sadly) with a banner embossed with the Woodgrain embossing folder.  Then layered all of that onto a layer cut with the "Lots of Labels" framelits set that is in the annual catalog.


And here is the cute birthday boy with his cake...he even matches his cake!  :-)


I really love it and think it turned out so fun!  I will definitely be doing this again!  It was a ton of fun!

Hope you enjoy!  Let me know if you have any questions on anything!  designwithink@gmail.com  Thanks for visiting!!!

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...