Tuesday, September 22, 2015

You've Got This...With a Little Gold Splatter...

I love the stamp set "You've Got This" from the Annual Catalog.  The large flower is a fun focal point for any project.  Today, I'm sharing a quick card I made using this flower.  Also...I tried a fun technique on this card as well.  Here is the card...

I used the Bohemian Designer Series Paper on the bottom of the card with some BEAUTIFUL Gold Satin Ribbon.  This is some YUMMY ribbon!  Such amazing quality!

But look at this fun element on the card...


I LOVE the look of ink splatter on a card.  Adds so much fun to projects.  What could be better than ink splatter?!  How about GOLD GLITTER splatter?!?!  Yeah...serious fun.  We saw this technique at Stampin' Up!'s convention.

HOW TO DO IT: take some of the Multi-purpose Liquid Glue (the "green" glue, I call it because it has a green lid) and put a little on a plastic surface of some kind (an empty embellishment container for example).  Then use a Aqua Painter to squeeze a little water into the glue, mix it up with the Aqua Painter so you have some glue on the brush part, and then just hold your finger over your project, and tap the Aqua Painter on your finger so the glue splatters onto the card.  Then just pour your glitter over the glue mix, dump the extra glitter back into its container, and let dry.  It's a quick and easy way to get Gold Glitter splatter!  LOVE! LOVE!

I also made this card 4" wide.  I wanted the little accent strip a little longer on the card, but still want it to fit in the envelope.  So by making the card 4", I can make the cardstock strip 4 1/4", and it will all still fit in an envelope.

Here is one more view of the card...


Hope you enjoy this card!  Thanks for visiting!  Let me know if you have any questions! designwithink@gmail.com.

No comments:

Technique Tuesday With Custom Striped Accents!

One of my assignments on Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Design Team is to do share some fun techniques.  My first one was shared at the end ...