Friday, July 1, 2016

A Little 4th Fun...

Monday is the 4th of July!  I LOVE the 4th!  Such a fun celebration.  This year should be a blast...we are having a family reunion at our house on the 4th!  So....I got a little craft with making some 4th of July decor!  We just recently had our house painted (they finished on Tuesday!) and it's been a ton of work getting things back together.  (Not that they are all back together yet, but we are working on it.) Anyway...I obviously wanted to just decorate our mantle with July 4th decor...and just not worry about how I would decorate it for the "everyday" just yet.  SOOOOOOO...here is what I did...


As you can tell--we went light and airy and bright in our house.  (It used to be a dark tan.)  And I don't want to clutter anything up...just want to keep it light and airy.  So...kept things simple, but I love it!!!  (I do have a banner I may end up hanging, but we will see.)

Here are a few close-up's of what I made...


These are just Mason jars painted.  I first spray painted all the jars white.  Then...for the navy stars one...I punched out some stars from painters tape using the star punch.  ***Tip:  put the painters tape on wax paper first and then punch.  Makes punching easy, and then you can just peel the star from the wax paper.  Then stick the stars randomly on the jar, spray paint the jar with navy spray paint, and then peel off the stars.  For the stripes, I just added 1" painters tape around the jars (after it was sprayed white) and then spray it red.  Peel off the tape, and voila! 

The flowers in the jars are just tissue paper flowers I made.  (Do I need to explain how to do this...let me know and I can share!)

Then finally...


I needed another little piece of decor.  I don't find a lot of 4th of July decor I really like in stores because I don't decorate too vintage-y or rustic or anything.  I'm more of a clean line gal.  So...I just made this in about 3 minutes.  This is a white frame from IKEA.  I just added some Dapper Denim Designer Paper and then cut out a star from Red Glimmer Paper and adhered it on.  Simple, clean, easy, and (I think) way cute!

Hope you enjoy!  Here are all of the pictures put together...



So fun!  Makes my heart happy to see it!  Let me know if you have any questions! designwithink@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting!  

No comments:

Who Is In A Magnolia Mood!!! For April Artisan Blog Hop!!!

👏 YAY!  It is that time again! Time for a mini Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop! This month is all about a ☆ FANTASTIC  ☆  Onl...