Wednesday, June 7, 2017

My Main Squeeze - Lemon Zest!

When I saw the catalog, one of the FIRST things to jump out at me was the "Lemon Zest" bundle...stamp set and coordinating punch.  Oh how I love it.  (Maybe because Lemon Lime Twist is my FAVE In Color and it just screamed for this stamp set to go with it?! Hee.)  I thought it was fitting to use the "Main Squeeze" sentiment for the first card I made with this bundle...since this stamp set and Lemon Lime Twist just may be my main squeeze from the new catalog.  Haha.  (Ok...and it will be a fun card to give my hubby this summer.)


ColorsLemon Lime Twist, Soft Sky, Melon Mambo
Cardstock/PapersShimmer White Cardstock, Whisper White, Eastern Palace Designer Series Paper
Stamps: Lemon Zest
ToolsLemon Builder Punch, Watercolor Pencils, Aqua Painter
Accessories: Gold Thread, Basics Pack 2 Washi, Metallics Sequin Assortment

How fun is this?!  Love the brightness of color.  Also...the white piece is Shimmery White cardstock, so it's all glittery in real life...

 (Can you even see that glimmer?  Probably not...sorry!  It's subtle but so fun in real life.)  

I like to use Shimmery White cardstock sometimes when I am watercoloring.  Watercolor Paper is my FAVORITE to use...but this cardstock is a bit thicker, doesn't "pill" as easy, and you get a fun shimmer!  Win-Win-Win!


The watercoloring could NOT be easier.  I used the AMAZING Watercolor Pencils.  (Have you used those yet?!  OH MY HEAVENS...they. are. the. best.  All I did was literally scribble some Melon Mambo on the corner of my cardstock...

(You can probably see the shimmer of the paper best in this photo!)

...and then took an Aqua Painter and just colored over it so it all blended.  Then let it dry while I made the other parts of the card.  So. Easy!!!

Hope you enjoy!  Thanks so much for visiting!  Let me know if you have any questions or would like to order any fun crafting supplies!  Would love to be your creative coach!

Contact: designwithink@gmail.com

No comments:

Back with A Latte Love! TGIF Challenge #465!

Well I have a fun challenge for you this week!  And Stampin' Up! even recently released the perfect suite for this challenge ... availab...